Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for college fees from 2013

Options
  • 18-06-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

My brother got a letter from NUIG stating fees of 1800 are owed dating back to 2013. They had not followed up on same the last 4 years. It was a quite a harshly worded letter too.

His fees were 7,500 for a masters he paid all but 1800 but then dropped out. He never received exam results or graduation.

They said they would be starting legal proceeding within 14 days if not paid in full. This seems unreasonable to me especially as this is the first letter received about same.

My brother has a disability and doesn't work and is in no position to settle this debt from 4 years ago. I am going to call them up tomorrow to talk about it. But just wanted to know what people think about where he stands on this? Surely they should of followed up in a much more timely fashion (4 years later - people circumstances change ), and the fact he never got exam results or graduated but paid nearly 6,000 fees.

I can't see anyone putting him in prison I think he should just forget about it. His very stressed out about it though.

Advertisement