Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has there always been a hiccup at the end of each recession recovery?

Options
  • 18-06-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I read this somewhere (and i'm normally careful of sources) and just checked out the 1929 recovery of which there was one...

Without having a vested interest in this, is it true that everyone turned to bonds to invest. The figures on employment figures are considered inaccurate by many...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

euser1984 wrote: »
    I read this somewhere (and i'm normally careful of sources) and just checked out the 1929 recovery of which there was one...

Without having a vested interest in this, is it true that everyone turned to bonds to invest. The figures on employment figures are considered inaccurate by many...

Define hiccup, and do you see one now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I asked you the question first...

I asked you the question first...

I don't really know what you're asking, I was encouraging you to put a bit of effort into your post. As it stands it looks like you copied and pasted a few sentences together.

people always say that about me but my experience is in system analysis....and i haven't got a clue sometimes how to connect....i have aspergers, except mild. I'm also fairly social and outgoing; although i am more introverted...

i'm asking, given the forum if people have noticed a trend of an economy coming out of recession tending towards a brief drop before continuing on at a good growth rate. Certainly, nothing is being prepared in this country in terms of preventing or preparing for the next crash....but what will cause the crash? ... Everyone in this country thought it was the houses, but it wasn't the developers....it was the banks....so, what are they up to now?

bonds! government creates bonds which give them cash, people buy them including institutions because they believe the economy is growing, then speculative which they are now....

all based on a few figures like the rising employment rate which is supposedly supposed to be inaccurate. a speculative bubble....if not now, in the future...and i've heard those employment figures about the american and irish economy both being farces...

first stocks, then real estate....bonds next and we really do live in a global economic system.....with little regulation enforced if any....reminder how greedy that psychopath was in lehman.

Number one export in Ireland is big pharma - american corporations...

Avatar MIA: do you think i've covered everything i need to?

baaa'h humbug, nobody interested in this at all?

• Advertisement

The economics forum is not the most active, but at least now you've opened up your OP and may get more interaction.

Thanks for your reply. Would people here discuss issues like this?

what do you think of the question? you did ask me "if i can see one now" ;);)

Thanks for your reply. Would people here discuss issues like this?

what do you think of the question? you did ask me "if i can see one now" ;);)

Have you actually answered that question? :)

If it hasn't been discussed recently or if someone thinks they can add or refute they'll answer there will be responses.

so, given your in the economics forum around here, would people be interested in knowing this kind of thing or do they know it already?

how does it affect their pockets actually overall? or rather, what kind of a vibe are people feeling in this current economic climate.

Advertisement