Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my Gaming PC

Options
  • 18-06-2017 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Selling my gaming PC I bought last year. I'm selling because I prefer console gaming. Wondering how much it would be worth as I paid €600 for it last year. Here are the specs:

* Amd FX-6300 Six Core
    * 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz ddr3 Ram
    * 1000GB Hard Drive Storage Space, Dvd Rewriter
    * Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2gb
    * Driver Discs

Colour-Black
    Processor Brand-AMD
    Processor Speed-3.5 GHz
    Processor Count-6
    RAM Size-8 GB
    Memory Technology-DDR3 SDRAM
    Computer Memory Type-DDR3 SDRAM
    Hard Drive Size- 1Tb
    Hard Disk Technology-HDD 7200 rpm
    Hard Drive Interface-Serial ATA
    Graphics Coprocessor-Nvidia GTX 750Ti
    Graphics Card Description-Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2gb
    Graphics Card Interface-PCI-E
    Optical Drive Type-DVD/CD
    Power Source-AC
    Operating System-Windows 10

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ryano22

Can someone please help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

You were robbed. That PC is not worth €600, imo. Your best bet would be to see if you have family or friends looking for a harmless PC for their kid or the family home for emails, YouTube, etc. Not much can be done with that machine.

If you want further advice, go to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842 for more discussion on PC building/selling. Or you could check out Adverts.ie to see what similar spec machines are selling for.

Ball park guess? €300, maybe, is what I think you could get for it.

Well it was a year and half ago and it was pre built (which I know is more expensive) and I've been running games well like H1Z1 and rainbow six siege its decent for running medium end games I was hoping for at least €400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Falthyron wrote: »
    You were robbed. That PC is not worth €600, imo. Your best bet would be to see if you have family or friends looking for a harmless PC for their kid or the family home for emails, YouTube, etc. Not much can be done with that machine.

If you want further advice, go to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842 for more discussion on PC building/selling. Or you could check out Adverts.ie to see what similar spec machines are selling for.

Ball park guess? €300, maybe, is what I think you could get for it.

:confused:

That's a bit sensationalist? At the moment there's nothing it wouldn't play, including stuff like Battlefield 1 online or Battlegrounds - add a new card like an RX470 or 1050Ti and it would play pretty much anything on the market reasonably well at high settings.

Not the best CPU in the world but to say it's only good for youtube or emails is way OTT in fairness!

Having said that I think 300 is probably what you would get for it. I sold a faster PC a while back for €350 (FX-6300, 8GB, R9 270X, SSD).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

That's a bit sensationalist? At the moment there's nothing it wouldn't play, including stuff like Battlefield 1 online or Battlegrounds - add a new card like an RX470 or 1050Ti and it would play pretty much anything on the market reasonably well at high settings.

Not the best CPU in the world but to say it's only good for youtube or emails is way OTT in fairness!

Having said that I think 300 is probably what you would get for it. I sold a faster PC a while back for €350 (FX-6300, 8GB, R9 270X, SSD).

I didn't say it was only good for YouTube or Emails. As this is the PC Gaming forum, I would prefer not to game on a machine of that specification. It would struggle to achieve a decent frame rate (60 being the magic number) on moderately recent games unless you put the graphics options down to low and medium.

That's why I suggested friends or family (preferably young kids) as a destination for this PC. They won't be playing anything too demanding and it would work well for them.

Spending money (imo, equal to the price you would sell the PC for) on a graphics card upgrade wouldn't be a good idea when the CPU/Memory/Mobo will all need to be upgraded to get the full value from said GFX card upgrade.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness not everyone has the luxury of, nor aims to, being able to play the latest games at high settings at 60fps.

A brand new GTX1050Ti is €150 new and would give this machine a good breath of life - or a 2nd hand GTX770 or 280X typically go for €100 or less and would be faster than a GTX1050Ti.

There is plenty of life and potential left in the machine. Maybe not for the gamer who wants to play the latest games at high/ultra at 60fps, but there are a lot of people who would be delighted with that machine for the latest games.

For example it would run something like BF1 at 1080p low/some medium settings at 50-60fps in its current form, which is broadly similar to PS4/XB1 quality levels.

With a 2nd hand €100 card that would be 1080p high settings at 50-60fps, nothing to be sniffed at for a modest cost (and consider a GTX750Ti would get €60-70 of that back).

Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping to get €400 for it as it does come with a keyboard,mouse and mousepad that are worth around €70 altogether

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ryano22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping to get €400 for it as it does come with a keyboard,mouse and mousepad that are worth around €70 altogether

What K/B and mouse have you got as you don't have them listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd list it for €400 OP, but all the hoping in the world won't make it worth that much.

My advice is list at €400 and take anything north of €350 if it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If its a legit copy of windows 10 on the computer thats over €100 if you were to buy a licence anyway.

€600 for a prebuilt is about right. To say you were robbed is completely wrong as it would only be looking at the cost of the parts seperately and not the labour/skills to put it together.

As for what you would get for it now ? €350 maybe. Consider selling the keyboard and mouse seperately if they are high end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Hezip

Since your PC was a pre-built it more than likely has budget a motherboard and psu.
    Building that PC today wouldn't cost you more than €350. A year or 2 ago the price difference wouldn't be significant at all, The FX 6300 and gtx 750 were outdated anyway.

Unfortunately, you're one of the many people to basically get scammed for a pre-built pc. I doubt anyone would pay more than €300 maybe €350 considering its a fresh windows, you have to consider the fact that the parts are used and lose their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hezip

If its a legit copy of windows 10 on the computer thats over €100 if you were to buy a licence anyway.

€600 for a prebuilt is about right. To say you were robbed is completely wrong as it would only be looking at the cost of the parts seperately and not the labour/skills to put it together.

Majority of people who owned a copy of windows 7 or 8 have windows 10 probably anyway, you can still get legit windows 10 for free through an "exploit".

Experienced people will build a PC from scratch very quickly, I doubt those who make the pre-builts care much for cable managment either. Installing windows is nothing but a few clicks and waiting. Its no where near the effort to increase the price by a solid 200 euro.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

For a comparison, this is a fx-6300 with GTX1050Ti for 600e.

And this is pretty much the exact same desktop as OPs. It's been on sale now for 40 days and the seller is looking for 450e. Can we presume that he's looking for too much if it's still on sale for this long?

Another with the same CPU but slightly better GPU is on sale for 350 but the highest offer so far is 281e.

I'd be happy to get 400e for it.

In fairness to the 1st one, he's a PC seller and the GTX1050Ti is literally almost twice as fast as the 750Ti so not an overly fair comparison.

2nd one is a good indication alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

I'd be interested in buying this providing it has the specifications to play GTA V at a decent quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Build man, its so easy.

https://youtu.be/IhX0fOUYd8Q

Advertisement