Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low RHR with possible long QT

Options
  • 18-06-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a 38 yr old female and currently 10st 9. Was 17st7. I exercise daily with 2 cardio dance classes per week. I've been wearing a fitbit since Jan and my resting heart rate reads at 48 upon waking but 41 in the middle of my sleep cycle. My max HR can go up to 170 during training. I'm by no means an athlete. I'm a non smoker (1yr) I'm a non drinker (2yrs)

My problem is this .....

I get frequent dizzy spells not just when I'm working out but even going from a sitting to standing position. Sometimes my heart beats /thumps in quick succession and I get flutters up my chest into my throat and my heart squeezes.

I've 4 kids and we always try catch each other out by hiding and scaring the bejasis out of each other. Even been frightened lately sends my heart into overdrive

I went to my GP yesterday to discuss. I was told to have an ECG. I advised them I had one last year but never got results (I've baby brain most days and don't always remember to follow up on results) he had the results there and said that the test was done LAST SEPTEMBER and it shows abnormalities and long QT syndrome was mentioned and he was going to send me to a cardiologist. I don't even know how long this is going to take.

In the mean time could anyone answer this question for me please? Can I still keep going with my exercise?? I teach my class twice a week and have one tomorrow night and I don't know what to do for the best. Keep going until I see a cardiologist or stop exercising until I see a cardiologist?

It be very grateful for any advice you guys have x

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Hi Jiggy,

No one is qualified to give you appropriate advice. It'd be best for you to put these questions to your doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement