Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of health issues at 42

Options
  • 18-06-2017 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hello!
    Ive been thinking lately after i met a friend of mine for a catch up. She's in her late 50's and rarely visits the doctor. I told her how lucky she is! Came about as we were discussing health insurance. Im 42, female and seem to visit the doctor regularly. Firstly when young i had anxiety and depression. Knocked that on the head. I then had a bad back in my 30's discovering i had disc degeneration(i think quite common?). Last year i had a hysterectomy due to bleeding fibroids and now i've been diagnosed with hyperthroidism and a large cyst on a remaining ovary! I get quiet embarrassed when i get sick and hate to visit the doctor again and again. Between all that i get the odd chest infection that knocks me down for a week or two and usually requires antibiotics. Some whopping big coldsores and recently started to get styes in my eyes!!! I feel like a 60 year old - the ironic thing is i lead a healthy lifestyle and dont drink alcohol or caffeine etc..Exercise daily etc... I dread the future and worried health issues will always persist with me. Bad genes i wonder? Anyone else out there who feels the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

change the genes for a dress or slacks (sorry, I'm a failed comedian)everybody has health issues to some degree, are you looking to worry about nothing? as we get older things shake rattle and roll and its all a part of living, I have a multitude of different bits and bobs hanging on, i used to think the doctor must think I'm making it up(he didn't)

what I realised that it was his job to listen if I didn't tell him he wouldn't know and if he didn't know I was the person suffering for trying to think for somebody else and trying to protect them

are you your biggest critic? are you prejudging? while all this is going on, life slips by, wouldn't it be lovely to treat that process with kindness and treat yourself with something nice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Styes and cold sores can indicate a weak immune system. Might be worthwhile chatting to your gp about it. Vitamin D would be important for a strong immune system, might also be worth getting your levels checked.

Advertisement