Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Holland t5060

Options
  • 17-06-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone . just wondering can anyone tell me . I bought a t5060 a few days ago. When in the yard while filling it with diesel I pressed the front wheel drive button and the light came on the dash . I then switched it off but the light has stayed on on the dash. Any ideas what this is? Or do I have to press another button ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

It may be locked in 4wd. Did you drive around the yard in 4wd? Try reversing to knock it off or driving in tight circle switching it on and off. You should hear it clicking on or off.
    Probably a dodgy solenoid.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/156279-tl100a-4x4-stays.html
    Have a read of the above, similar system.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

4wd on these is spring engaged and pressure released. When handbrake is on 4wd lamp will also be on. Lamp should go out when handbrake released and 4wd switch in off position. 4wd also engaged when brake pedals pressed. If lamp is staying on, pressure switch could be faulty. If it feels it's working normally in this circumstance, most likely to be the problem. Try driving slowly with the wheels on full lock and engage/disengage the 4wd switch. You should feel a "pull" on the driveline when it engages and may need to straighten up or reverse it to disengage. If it's not doing this, solenoid is possibly faulty. Unlikely to be a pressure issue as PTO / Diff lock and transmission splitter/power shuttle would be affected (if you have those options).
    Low pressure circuits control block and 4wd pressure switch is located in front of LH trumpet housing behind fuel tank.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement