Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect tv in box

Options
  • 17-06-2017 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I purchased two Samsung TVs from an electrical store about 4 weeks back.
    As it was a new house we only opened the large of the two tv as the smaller one was going to be hung up.
    Today we open it to hang it and find an old cello brand tv and an old remote. The box was sealed when we got it.
    How do we stand rights wise here? Never thought of checking cause it was sealed and totally freaking now that they won't believe us when we return it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call the shop and they can investigate, may be some return they didn't check.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The shop will prob know what you're talkin about when they investigate. They couldn't afford the bad press either. How did u pay??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Hi all,
    Thanks for the replied I got sorted. They said they never seen a case like this before but it looked like a manufacturer issue as all the packaging and certain items that should have been in the box were

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are Vestel making TVs for Samsung now?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are Vestel making TVs for Samsung now?
    I don't believe so no, anyway, I also haven't seen any Cello TV that was a typical Vestel product.

I'd imagine somebody boxed a faulty Cello TV to return in a Samsung box, and then maybe somebody else figured it was a Samsung and put it in with other Samsung TV's in the store... and they're trying to deflect their mistake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement