Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission on 'open green area'

Options
  • 17-06-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

Is it possible to build a small family home on a site advertised as an 'open green area'? The site is within the Cork County Council area.

Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There should be a matrix in their county development plan showing what types of development may be allowed within particular zonings.

I'm on my phone so can't look it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

What do you mean "advertised"?

Does someone have this portion of land for sale? If someone is selling it to make a profit they'd call it a site if there was any potential of building. If they are calling it an "open green area" and pricing accordingly I'd put a hefty bet on it that there is some restriction on building there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cute_sheep

What do you mean "advertised"?

Does someone have this portion of land for sale? If someone is selling it to make a profit they'd call it a site if there was any potential of building. If they are calling it an "open green area" and pricing accordingly I'd put a hefty bet on it that there is some restriction on building there.

0.5 acre of land for 30 grand - is it cheap? The site is just next to residential area with existing buildings. I've tried looking up at the Cork County Council Local Area Plans but it doesn't go into the detail per actual plots of land.

Who can I contact to get legal/authoritative answer before buying the land?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

A local Architect/Engineer/Architectural Technician will be able to tell you if it is zoned, or sterilised or give you an opinion on whether planning permission might be achievable.

Of course you would only be buying it subject to planning permission anyway.

Yes 30k is too cheap for a site with planning but much too expensive for agricultural land. I think the vendor is chancing their arm that someone will buy it outright thinking they will get planning on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Not worth a fiver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement