Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty second hand car

Options
  • 16-06-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hey all,

Bought an Audi A4 2012 S Line back In Feb this Year for close to 20k in a Car dealership. The car seems to be fairly solid and only had 60k miles on the clock, After about 2months the clutch went in the car, the garage replace it and also said they put in a new Dual mass flywheel too, anyway fast forward to about 3 hours ago and the clutch is slipping again. I dont rest of the clutch when driving and I dont hold down the clutch when stopped, the car has 2 months of Warranty left but I just want to back out of the agreement now. I took out a 4yr warranty plan on the car, is there anyway to get refunded some of what I've paid and hand the car back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I don't think so, being it back and see what they say.

I would be thinking they might say it's driving style.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

_Brian wrote: »
    I don't think so, being it back and see what they say.

I would be thinking they might say it's driving style.

Thats what I am worried about, if they try to say its driving style. I always make sure to rest of the foot rest while moving, and even at traffic lights I keep it in neutral with the foot off the clutch because i was told its not good for the flywheel.

One major thing I should mention too, when i get the car back it had bad clutch judder, i went back and told them and they agreed it was fairly noticeable. They said keep driving and see if it goes. Anyone i asked said there should be no clutch judder after replacing the clutch and flywheel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

How many miles on it since you took it back?

tnegun wrote: »
    How many miles on it since you took it back?

I got it with 105,000km on it, it went the first at 108,000, now its on 114,000 and gone again. I know it might seem like I'm a gammy driver, but been driving 11 years and never once had this trouble with any of the last cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'd say relax and bring it back.

May have been a faulty part, it happens.

Either way I think they need to be given more opportunity to set it right before you could consider pushing for a refund/replacement.

It's a pain but your going to gontue distance and see what they say.

_Brian wrote: »
    I'd say relax and bring it back.

May have been a faulty part, it happens.

Either way I think they need to be given more opportunity to set it right before you could consider pushing for a refund/replacement.

It's a pain but your going to gontue distance and see what they say.

I'll go back Monday and see what happens, My fear is that the warranty agreement is 10,000k or 6months, I've less than 1000 km left on the warranty and Im afraid if they fix it again and then it goes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I had a similar judder in my a4, all the symptoms of clutch or dual mass flywheel, but turned out to be alternator belt slipping!

Im not sure id be so lucky for that to be the issue :(

Advertisement