Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redmi note 4 Battery drain!

Options
  • 16-06-2017 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Quite ironic given the size (4000ah) that it won't even last until 5 in the evening. I use it to check emails etc about once an hour or so using data. The default Battery saver and downloaded battery saver apps do asbolutely nothing. Anyone have this problem? Thinking about a refund tbh because a good battery life was my number one concern.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

Which version of the Note 4? (MediaTek/Snapdragon)
    What rom are you using?

Settings - About Phone - MIUI version --- post your full version.

If rooted have you check with Wakelock detector apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

https://goo.gl/photos/UB1BM59e3QPBQ1L98
    Sorry can't embed the pic

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    https://goo.gl/photos/UB1BM59e3QPBQ1L98
    Sorry can't embed the pic

Looks like the Official rom for the snapdragon version!

Is your Mobile Data always on?

Check to see with the app linked above if any apps are keeping the device awake.

What is you overnight battery drain?
    What kind of SOT are you getting?

Data is on about 8 hours approx in the day. What's an sot? I usually charge overnight so I'm not sure but I will try that out. So the rom can affect Battery life? Which one should I be using?

• Advertisement

Data is on about 8 hours approx in the day. What's an sot? I usually charge overnight so I'm not sure but I will try that out. So the rom can affect Battery life? Which one should I be using?

Having your data connection always on would have a serious effect on battery drain.

Is your device the global version with Band 20?

SOT ~~ Screen On Time.

As for rom, make sure you have the latest available MIUI version, or if your handy at flashing maybe a custom rom, check XDA for your device.

Sorry but how do I update the rom?
    Really disappointing that xiaomi claimed a long battery life yet in reality it's no better than my 5 year old Samsung S3....

Sorry but how do I update the rom?
    Really disappointing that xiaomi claimed a long battery life yet in reality it's no better than my 5 year old Samsung S3....

If not rooted, you could use the updater app (found in tools folder). Do a check with that.

Another thing to try is to re-calibrate the battery, let it drain completely so it switches off. Then fully charge it while it is powered off.

You still haven't reported your SOT?

Also try to see how much battery life you get without having your data always on.

Is your device the Global version with Band 20?

Screen on time is 6 hr 16 mins
    Yeah it's the global version 20

• Advertisement

How much battery left from full charge with that time.

That doesn't sound to bad?

As far as Screen On times are concerned, most days end with around 6 and half hours of screen on time with around 25% battery still to go. My usage classifies under heavy usage in these scenarios, thanks to constant LTE connection (courtesy of Reliance Jio) and Dual-SIM usage. These 6 hours would be a mixed bag of Chrome browsing, Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack, Reddit Sync, YouTube and a combined of around 1 and half hours of Ingress and Vainglory gaming. The Redmi Note 4 is pure beast mode when it comes to battery, and with an acceptable level of performance, there simply is no tradeoff in achieving these insane numbers.

Taken from here.

You have both bands needed for LTE, and hopefully in strong location for it, so your device is not constantly scanning the network.

If your still not happy, you could use the updater app to apply the latest developer rom for it. Since you seem to be on the latest stable version.

About 30percent left from that time. Drains faster than it says. Also the phone warms up ,like lukewarm...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We have one and battery lasts a day and a half . Try a reset , Its power + volume button, same as Samsungs etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Six+ hour SOT with 30% battery left... is that not excellent battery life? You're looking at 9 hours screen on time.

Problem is that it drains much faster than what it tells me.
    Extremely disappointed with the redmi note 4 tbh

For example there's​ 25% left now,it's charging as well yet it say SIX hours and 40mins until a full charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I calibration my battery and fixed cells.
    I'm getting a full day on mine and am a heavy user..
    Find it charges quickly.

For example there's​ 25% left now,it's charging as well yet it say SIX hours and 40mins until a full charge.

Check your cables and charger. (Are you using the one that came with the device?)

At a Max charging should only be about 3 to 4 hours, also don't look at the charging time when first plugged in, give it a chance to stabilize.

Test your charger/cables with Ampere to make sure your device is charging properly.

As already suggested have you tried to re-calibrate your battery.

Advertisement