Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need SUSI help

Options
  • 16-06-2017 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm not sure what these means
    Did I get the Grant to pay for the course of not.?
    Is the 25% to pay for the course or what.?
    Thanks

Rate and type of Grant Awarded
    You have been awarded the following rate and type of grant based on the reckonable income (details of which are attached) and other relevant circumstances assessed in relation to your application:
    Maintenance: 25% rate (Non-Adjacent)
    Undergraduate Fees: 100% rate of student contribution or 100% tuition fees, as applicable to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Zoinks

It looks like SUSI will pay for 100% of your fees, and pay you maintenance to the value of 25% of the total non-adjacent rate applicable to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ICE202

On the SUSI website it tells me
    Award Type: 25% rate (non-adjacent) or 100% Tuition Fees, as applicable to you

Not sure what Tuition fees are.
    But Student Contribution isn't in the list

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Zoinks

Fees are the cost of the course, the student contribution is a levy to the maximum value of 3000 imposed for registering to your college (annually). Presuming you are entitled to free fees (I presume you are), then SUSI will be paying your 3000 student contribution charge. In addition to this, it looks like they will give you money (to spend) to the value of 25% of the non-adjacent rate.

Unless I am mistaken, all of your fees should be covered and in addition to this you should receive some small direct money transfers into your bank account.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/fees.html

Advertisement