Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foot throttle cable

Options
  • 16-06-2017 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Massey ferguson 390T what is the handiest way of fitting I have to fit one later today or any handy links showing how it's done
    Cheers and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭emaherx

Davef1978 wrote: »
    Massey ferguson 390T what is the handiest way of fitting I have to fit one later today or any handy links showing how it's done
    Cheers and thanks

It's straight forward, most fiddly bit is the black junction box where foot and hand throttle join.

Only advise is route new cable before removing old as the cable is only just long enough so it is probably going through the best path available. Also some spurious cables are slightly longer and are slightly easier to fit.

Don't loose the nuts/bolts from the junction box maybe some tape over the side with the nuts to stop them falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Davef1978

emaherx wrote: »
    Davef1978 wrote: »
    Cheers and thanks

It's straight forward, most fiddly bit is the black junction box where foot and hand throttle join.

Only advise is route new cable before removing old as the cable is only just long enough so it is probably going through the best path available. Also some spurious cables are slightly longer and are slightly easier to fit.

Don't loose the nuts/bolts from the junction box maybe some tape over the side with the nuts to stop them falling off.

Cheers for that good tip thank you

Advertisement