Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GWD Forestry

Options
  • 15-06-2017 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    I'm thinking about investing with GWD Forestry - gwdforestry.com. Has anyone invested with them and made or lost money? Any experiences would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Thread here on the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pauldublin111

Thanks Nody but the above thread only contains general comments on forestry investments. I'd like to hear from people who actually invested with GWD Forestry / Greenwood Management.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brindsley Den

I would not advise you to invest with them. I have 2 investments with them and am having great difficulty in getting my payments.

Thanks a lot Den. Have they ever paid you anything or absolutely nothing?

I received 2 payments for 2014 and 2105,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Gally2017

Hi,
    I'm thinking about investing with GWD Forestry - gwdforestry.com. Has anyone invested with them and made or lost money? Any experiences would be appreciated.

I invested in 2016, 2000 euro, expect to get back a total of 6000euro, was expecting a payment in March 2017 this year and as yet have gotten nothing and no responses now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gally2017

I received 2 payments for 2014 and 2105,

Hi Dan,

Have you gotten back yet even close to what you put into it?

I invested 2000 last year, was supposed to get 500 in March 2017 but have got nothingbut the runaround. How long did it take you to get back money from them?

Best regards,

Gally

I invested in Christmas trees in 2008. 2 years laters they said I would triple my investment. Christmas 2014 I was told they had decided to cut them down over 4 years instead of 3. Received about a quarter of my investment in May 2015. Roughly same in August 2016 for christmas 2015. Nothing so far for Christmas 2016.

I also invested in acacia trees in 2009. Should have got small return from "thinning" exercise in 2014. Nothing. They said someone had frgotten to get a licence to allow them to bring trees from the Forest to the road. Latest news this week is they have received the permission and the cutting will take place and it is being independently monitored. Payment due in early 2018. I am not holding my breath.

Thank you both. Looks like I should probably forget about this company. They don't sound like the most reliable investement option...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishdarling

i am trying to find the contact details for Gordon Sampson the owner of GWD Forestry can any one help me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shaymoboy

We've set up a Facebook group now for investors who have invested with GWD Forestry (previously known as Greenwood Management) and have concerns about their investment.

All welcome, you can join group here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/GWDForestry/

Advertisement