Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Ferguson 399

Options
  • 15-06-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I replaced the clutch in my 399 about 2 years ago but I have noticed lately that's it's hard to get her into gear anybody know the reason for this or asolution to solve this thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Have you adjusted it periodically since?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Driver2016

No haven't touched it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭emaherx

Driver2016 wrote: »
    No haven't touched it

Take inspection cover off and see that the bolts at the ends of the fingers are sitting properly on the release bearing and are not worn away.

If everything looks OK, then you can try adjusting the nut under the cab attached to the pedal.
    Think it's a 19 spanner and clockwise if clutch is not releasing fully with foot full on pedal and anticlockwise if it's slipping with foot off pedal.

They bolts seem to be sitting fine what way should I turn the adjusting screw if it's hard to get into gear thank you for your advice

They bolts seem to be sitting fine what way should I turn the adjusting screw if it's hard to get into gear thank you for your advice

Clockwise if I remember correctly....... but if not just go the other way. Just make sure you can change gear smoothly but also that tractor stalls if you try to drive off with your foot on the brake.

• Advertisement

I turned it anti-clockwise that did the trick thanks again

I turned it anti-clockwise that did the trick thanks again

Will have to check the old memory so....... Glad you got sorted

Advertisement