Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 15-06-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey

I got a new tattoo on my upper arm two weeks ago, the session was 3 hours long. The tattoo artist perched my arm over this little stand and after about 30 minutes or so, my baby finger and surrounding (down the side of hand) was starting to really tingle and fall asleep. He gave me regular breaks and moved my arm so the numbness started going and coming back now and again.

However it’s two weeks on and while it looks like my tattoo has heeled fine my arm where the tattoo is still seems to be quite sore and my finger and hand still gets this weird numb and tingling sensation.

Anyone experience anything like this before?

Should i just wait a bit longer or go to a doctor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I had a tingly feeling in my ankle after getting a tattoo... It lasted for a long time, probably more than a year, but I think it was to do with the amount of nerves under the skin. The feeling has gone now but it did slightly concern me at the time.

If you are worried, see a professional... Everyone's experience is different, so internet advice can only be useful to a certain point.

Advertisement