Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kobelco throttling high and low

Options
  • 15-06-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a 2002 Kobelco SK115sr and lately I have been having problems with it.

It started about a month ago when i started it up and instead of idling it went straight to full throttle. The throttle Knob when turned to the left did not reduce the revs so i tried to switch the machine off with the key. When I turned the key to the off position the throttle reduced below the idling rev to barely ticking over. In the end I had to go up to the engine and press the level to stop the engine. I tried starting again straight away to see what would happen and this time it started as normal and I was able to use the machine no problem.
    It happened again a few weeks later but the problem is getting worse each time I go on the machine. The problem began to change. Instead of going to full throttle it would sometimes switch between economy mode and high power mode but the issue now is that it is changing from low rev to high rev intermittently. Yesterday I was using it for a few hours and it started off bad. Throttling high and low but after a while went back to normal. Then later on without warning it started doing it again.
    No errors are displayed on the console which makes troubleshooting more difficult. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Advertisement