Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi Grant Application - Undergrad to Postgrad

Options
  • 15-06-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently finished my final exams for my undergraduate degree, and I am now attempting to apply for a grant for a postgraduate course. However, I am finding it difficult to answer the questions pertaining to my previous higher education. I have not received my exam results yet but I am confident I passed them all and that I will be able to graduate in August. One of the questions asked if I have received a qualification and I don't know what to answer to that question. I should qualify with a Level 8 Honours degree but is it premature to say that I have received that qualification when I haven't yet? The only other option for me to put down is "None".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Zoinks

You should contact SUSI about this before taking any action, however I would think it is OK to list the qualification you expect to receive and list the expected date of award. I would expect your full transcripts will be available by the time they start assessing your documentation. Answering "none" would likely cause headaches down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I recently finished my final exams for my undergraduate degree, and I am now attempting to apply for a grant for a postgraduate course. However, I am finding it difficult to answer the questions pertaining to my previous higher education. I have not received my exam results yet but I am confident I passed them all and that I will be able to graduate in August. One of the questions asked if I have received a qualification and I don't know what to answer to that question. I should qualify with a Level 8 Honours degree but is it premature to say that I have received that qualification when I haven't yet? The only other option for me to put down is "None".

If you are applying for a post-graduate course you should put down that you have a degree. The question is only to ensure you are progressing.

Advertisement