Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes have developed a hole, bought Oct. 2016

Options
  • 15-06-2017 12:29am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says I bought a pair of shoes in Schuh in October of last year, they were a pair of leather brogues and cost 81 euro.

I wear them regularly, perhaps 2-3 times a week, every second week.

In the past week they've developed a tear/hole, where the leather that attaches to the sole has degraded and they are starting to come apart.

Would it be unreasonable for me to bring them back to the shop given that they are only 8 months old, or should I just forget it and see if they can be repaired?

I've two other pairs of the same shoe in different colours which I wear with the same regularlity and they are both fine.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

IIRC Schuh offer a 365 day guarantee, so I'd be heading back in there and see what they'll do for you. You could always fire off an email to their customer service first and see what they say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Toots wrote: »
    IIRC Schuh offer a 365 day guarantee, so I'd be heading back in there and see what they'll do for you. You could always fire off an email to their customer service first and see what they say.

Ah I'll head into them tbh, the staff in my local Schuh are absolutely lovely and I'd buy shoes there regularly enough so they would know me :)

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable expecting them to last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Schuh are brilliant for sorting out issues like this. Their Galway store offered my OH a refund or repair for a similar issue, were very helpful and phoned her immediately the boots came back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dilallio wrote: »
    Schuh are brilliant for sorting out issues like this. Their Galway store offered my OH a refund or repair for a similar issue, were very helpful and phoned her immediately the boots came back.
    Ah, that's great to know, thanks a million :)

I hate going in and complaining about stuff, even if I might be in the right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

The fact you have the same shoes in a different colour and they are fine, would I think point to a fault in the pair you have.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It's one of two things.

1 - the shoe is wrong fit for you and leather has stretched and split. Fit includes length, width and girth and you won't suit all shoes that are the correct length.

2 - and more likely, there is a weakness in the leather. Leather is natural and a single piece can be different thicknesses in different points. Mostly quality control catches pieces with thin areas but some pieces get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dogcatcher

Bring them back, you have nothing to loose but something to gain. If that fails have them repaired.

Advertisement