Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any frozen vegan pizzas in Cork City area?

Options
  • 14-06-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know of any place in the Cork City area that sells frozen vegan pizzas? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I really miss pizzas. :-(

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Worztron wrote: »
    I really miss pizzas. :-(

Can you not buy any good takeaway vegan pizzas in cork? there are loads of great vegan pizzas in dublin. Milano, zizzi, firehouse, platform, darkhorse, apertivo, enotecha torino etc etc.

No frozen ones though.

Can you not buy any good takeaway vegan pizzas in cork? there are loads of great vegan pizzas in dublin. Milano, zizzi, firehouse, platform, darkhorse, apertivo, enotecha torino etc etc.

No frozen ones though.

Hi TA.

Not that I know of.

I much prefer frozen pizzas anyway. It's the only thing I miss from being a vegetarian. I always went for the cheese+tomato variety.

It'd be great if these guys delivered to Ireland in time: One Planet Pizza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can't have you going without pizza! Until you find a frozzen one I looked into this for you, there are a few places that do vegan cheese on pizza around cork, Milano (quite recently added vegan cheese), Marcello's of Douglas and pizzAmore, good luck!

Can't have you going without pizza! Until you find a frozzen one I looked into this for you, there are a few places that do vegan cheese on pizza around cork, Milano (quite recently added vegan cheese), Marcello's of Douglas and pizzAmore, good luck!

Cheers TA. I may check out those places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NoFace

I don't know of any frozen pizzas, but this is what I do:

You can buy vegan pizza bases. The Artisan Pizza Company da Piero stonebaked pizza bases are vegan, Irish made, and can be frozen. They can be found in most Dunnes and Supervalu stores; I bought a pack of 2 in Eurospar for €4.50

You can then buy a mozzarella alternatice. Violife's "Pizza Cheese" can be found quite easily in Tesco or Dunnes. You can buy it grated already, or as a block. I found the bag of grated cheese was enough for 2 pizzas. It keeps in the fridge for a couple months, so you can store for when the craving arises which is quite handy! I think the block is about €3 and the grated bag is about €4

Then there's just your pizza sauce. I like garlic butter bases, so I used Pure Sunflower Spread (bought from Tesco for €1.90), added some garlic powder, oregano and chilli flakes & it was gorgeous! It helps that all these things can be stored for ages so you can throw together a pizza in 2 minutes and it only takes 8 minutes to cook!

You could buy a twin pack of Mutti Pizza Sauce in Tesco for €2 if you prefer tomato bases, or make your own!

NoFace wrote: »
    I don't know of any frozen pizzas, but this is what I do:

You can buy vegan pizza bases. The Artisan Pizza Company da Piero stonebaked pizza bases are vegan, Irish made, and can be frozen. They can be found in most Dunnes and Supervalu stores; I bought a pack of 2 in Eurospar for €4.50

You can then buy a mozzarella alternatice. Violife's "Pizza Cheese" can be found quite easily in Tesco or Dunnes. You can buy it grated already, or as a block. I found the bag of grated cheese was enough for 2 pizzas. It keeps in the fridge for a couple months, so you can store for when the craving arises which is quite handy! I think the block is about €3 and the grated bag is about €4

Then there's just your pizza sauce. I like garlic butter bases, so I used Pure Sunflower Spread (bought from Tesco for €1.90), added some garlic powder, oregano and chilli flakes & it was gorgeous! It helps that all these things can be stored for ages so you can throw together a pizza in 2 minutes and it only takes 8 minutes to cook!

You could buy a twin pack of Mutti Pizza Sauce in Tesco for €2 if you prefer tomato bases, or make your own!

Cheers NoFace - that's a damn good workaround. :-)

The Quay Co-Op sells the Bio Inside and One Planet Pizza brands. They're very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Marcello's actually has a whole vegan menu, it's a good place to go if you're in a mixed group and want options.

That Barcadia place on Mardyke will do their veggie pizza vegan too.

Good old Quay Coop to the rescue though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The Quay Co-Op sells the Bio Inside and One Planet Pizza brands. They're very nice.

Do you have any rough idea of the prices on those? Frozen vegan pizza prices have always been a bit excessive anytime I've seen them! Might call in and pick one up some day for a treat.

• Advertisement

Do you have any rough idea of the prices on those? Frozen vegan pizza prices have always been a bit excessive anytime I've seen them! Might call in and pick one up some day for a treat.

Hi messinkiapina. About a fiver each. I guess it's about supply and demand - the more people buy the vegan frozen pizzas - the cheaper they'll eventually get. I certainly don't mind paying a bit more. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hi messinkiapina. About a fiver each. I guess it's about supply and demand - the more people buy the vegan frozen pizzas - the cheaper they'll eventually get. I certainly don't mind paying a bit more. :-)

That's better than I was expecting actually! I'll have to pick one up.

You're right about supply and demand. Hopefully in 10 years time we won't have to pay such a premium on nice vegan things!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

You should join the facebook group Cork vegans, raw vegans and vegetarians if you need info on what is available in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

Have you tried Quay Coop

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    Have you tried Quay Coop

Hi MM. Already mentioned. ;)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105975185&postcount=9

Goodfellas are releasing a new vegan pizza. It was due to be released in March in the UK so hopefully it will be released in Ireland too :) The one I saw mentioned in an article was topped with falafel, red peppers, spinach, onion and spicy harissa sauce; sounds good :)

Goodfellas are releasing a new vegan pizza. It was due to be released in March in the UK so hopefully it will be released in Ireland too :) The one I saw mentioned in an article was topped with falafel, red peppers, spinach, onion and spicy harissa sauce; sounds good :)

Can't wait. :pac:

Just seen an Instagram post of 2 vegan pizzas available in Lidl a bruschetta one and a verdura one :) the poster said they were nice :)

Do ALDI do vegan pizzas yet in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Anyone tried the ones in Tesco from the chilled section? They are Wicked Kitchen and really really nice! 2 for 9 euro or a fiver each. Fairly small but not too small either. No fake cheese but you don't miss it as they are well topped.

• Advertisement

yeah i love them, especially the bbq mushroom one.

Advertisement