Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrenal tests

Options
  • 14-06-2017 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with adrenal problems. I've been unwell since I had pneumonia a year ago. I was sent to a cardiologists as a lot of the symptoms seemed to point at a heart problem. I got all the tests done and last Wednesday was told I hadn't a heart problem (thank god!) but still no answer to why I'm so tired and weak, sweating and my blood pressure is going crazy, to name a few.

Along with all the tests I had a cortisol test done, I had to walk around for half hour and get bloods taken and then lie still for half an hour and get another set done. The consultant told me one was off (the lying down one) and needed to be re done and along with that he told me to get a 24 hour urine test also. He was very vague about the results as in he wouldn't tell me even tho I questioned it and up to now I've never heard of adrenal glands. He told me if they were still off then I'd be sent for a kidney scan. Found it all strange when he's a heart doctor.

Anyway, does anyone know how long these blood and urine tests take to get results from? Can't find any info anywhere about them.

Last Wednesday (7th June) afternoon the bloods were taken and urine went in Friday morning. Should I know by now?

Hopefully someone can be of help

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Bloods and urine should take a few days at most. I have adrenal issues and am on hydrocortisone twice daily to supplement. Interesting that a cardiologist is doing the tests. It's normally an endocrinologist. He may refer you onto an endo if he finds something significant. You can have poor functioning adrenals for many reasons. It's not something I would get overly worried about.

Advertisement