Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair city or Red Rock.

Options
  • 14-06-2017 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

I have to say TV3 have really surprised me with Red Rock its completely defied my expectations, with decent acting and storylines, which i generally find much superior to the dross that you get on Fair City which is like watching a nativity play, with dull characters and plotlines and a general poor standard of acting, which it has been allowed to get away with for years probably due to a lack of a domestic rival, yes there's Ros Na Run, but that being broadcast in the Irish language puts it at a major disadvantage, while Red Rock looks like a much more serious rival, the fact that its been picked up and broadcasted on the BBC, show that so far things are going well for this relatively new soap, what do you think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

If like to see Paul in fair city to be Sgt in Red Rock.

Jesus you wouldn't know what he'd do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

It's like asking would you like ham on your sandwich or dogsh!t. Red Rock is good drama, Fair City should be punishment for young offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I watch them both and like both (in different ways)

Red Rock is much more a 'serial drama' than a soap though.

Why is this even a contest? :confused: Fair City is the biggest pile of dogsh1te that ever backfired from a writers arse. Red Rock on the other hand is a very well written drama with oustanding actors/actresses. Its an insult to the Red Rock writers to be compared with that other mess. The are both set in Dublin and that is the only similarity.

It's like asking would you like ham on your sandwich or dogsh!t. Red Rock is good drama, Fair City should be punishment for young offenders.

Nah thats too harsh. Id fear the backlash when they get out tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Strazdas wrote: »
    I watch them both and like both (in different ways)

Red Rock is much more a 'serial drama' than a soap though.

i was thinking that myself however it comes under the soap section on tv listings, while it certainly has the format of a serial drama it still has some similaraties of being a soap opera, and it is certainly is the closest thing you could call a soap opera as compared to Fair City and Ros Na Run in this country, so the comparisons are valid i believe.

Advertisement