Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe warning help

Options
  • 14-06-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am tearing my hair out with this one.

I can't disable a warning on Adobe (Acrobat XI). I have hyperlinks within one document to another document, all on an internal server, all in approx. the same location. Every time I click on the link I get the following message:

"This document is trying to connect to:
    [filepath listed]

If you trust this site, choose Allow. If you do not trust this site, choose Block
    ".

I choose Allow and also tick the box that says:

"Remember this action for this site for all PDF documents".

Despite this, the warning pops up every single time.

Now I work with a software system that requires that all documents are hyperlinked to each other and there are literally thousands of hyperlinks between all the documents. I can't be doing with having to click Allow every time.

I've googled of course, and tried changing the Trust Manager settings in Adobe to allow access to all documents (which I am not sure is a good idea anyway!) and it still doesn't work. The filepath is even listed in the trusted websites section but the warning continues to pop up.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Foxit pdf reader?

been using i for a couple of years because adobe has become bloated and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Thanks. Yes, I've tried Nitro and others. The issue is more that the user of the end product is 99% going to be using Adobe, and I don't want this "error" popping up for them.

Advertisement