Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus pulling routes winter 2017

Options
  • 14-06-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭

I see Aer Lingus have just pulled their whole winter schedule to Nice despite it being offered for sale for a few months. Just wondering if anybody knows what is going on? It's a really good way of ensuring your regulars stay flying with the competition for good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Darwin wrote: »
    I see Aer Lingus have just pulled their whole winter schedule to Nice despite it being offered for sale for a few months. Just wondering if anybody knows what is going on? It's a really good way of ensuring your regulars stay flying with the competition for good.

Nice only operated for part of November last year before starting again around Feb mid term. They probally shouldn't of allowed the summer schedule be rolled on into winter schedule.

They are adding Bilbao and Bordeaux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks, so it would seem like they don't have enough aircraft to cover the addition of the new routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Porto was cancelled this year, likely due to lack of aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Porto was cancelled this year, likely due to lack of aircraft.

Ryanair bullied EI out of Porto by launching a massive sale on that route and driving EI out of it before they even began.

Darwin wrote: »
    Thanks, so it would seem like they don't have enough aircraft to cover the addition of the new routes.

Suspect the route make losses over last winter and EI have deemed them to high to operate it again this year.

They always review routes from season to season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ryanair bullied EI out of Porto by launching a massive sale on that route and driving EI out of it before they even began.

And EI what, expected this not to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Given the choice between EI and FR on the same route I'd be inclined to take FR personally.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭term

I booked EI to Porto for this Sept earlier in the year. If it hadn't been for FR tweeting that EI had cancelled the flight, I think I'd still be expecting to fly with them. What are the obligations on an airline to notify in a timely manner if a flight has been cancelled with no alternative?

term wrote: »
    I booked EI to Porto for this Sept earlier in the year. If it hadn't been for FR tweeting that EI had cancelled the flight, I think I'd still be expecting to fly with them. What are the obligations on an airline to notify in a timely manner if a flight has been cancelled with no alternative?

You would of gotten an email, have you checked your Junk mail.

There is more to Porto going than just FR, EI would of expected a reaction from FR by increasing freq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭term

Was back in Feb, Gmail has automatically cleared it so I'll never know!
    Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement