Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Panther tractor

Options
  • 14-06-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I have a same panther 4wd tractor but the link arms wont lift beyond halfway. All other hydraulics seem good it will tip a trailer and the pto works fine. Any suggestions. It is old about 1976 but apart from a front axle seal and bearing refit and other odds and ends seems to be going fine. Any ideas gratefully recieved thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

PTO and tipping is seperate from the lift arms functiln on most Same's.
    The lift arms have their own oil reservoir and pump built into the rear housing, the entire unit is bolted on above the pto shaft.
    There is a dipstick on top of the housing, screw it out and check oil level as a first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ali CP

thanks I didnt know that. I have removed the sump cover that houses the tipping connections and cleaned the gauze filter thats in there. Are you saying there is another reservoir as well?

Thanks for your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

nDHDW5x.jpg

This is a cross section of a Drago hydraulic unit. It's basically the same, as I understand it.

You can see the lifting ram running vertically and connecting to the crank which lifts the arms.
    Control valves are to the left of the ram, and the hyd. pump is to the left again, on the diagram.
    Below the pump there is a cross sectional representation of a gear wheel which takes drive to the pump from a live running shaft in the gearbox.

The oval shaped thing to the lower left of the ram is the filter. That entire unit acts as it's own oil reservoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ali CP

Thanks for putting up the schematic drawing. Ill need to look at the panther again but i dont think its the same as that one. MY housing is square in shape and like that its the resovoir. However its helpful as I dont imagine the design ishughly different. Thanks again

Advertisement