Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infected lobe piercing

Options
  • 13-06-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hey. I got my second lobe pierced about three months ago now and I left in the earrings she pierced with until about two weeks ago. I was changing one and I noticed as I cleaned the hole before I put in the new one that there was a small dot of blood on the cotton pad. I took no notice as I thought it may be either old dried blood or just a simple irritation from taking it out. Over the last week the piercing has been slightly sore and sensitive, so tonight I decided to take the earring out to see what was going on. The minute I took it out it spat out puss and blood. Was not expecting that as it was nowhere near as sore as I'd expect for that to happen.

So now I'm torn, do I leave the earring out and let the infection heal? Or try to put it back in to stop the hole from closing? I cleaned it thoroughly with antimicrobial solution.
    Do I need to go to the chemist to get anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It could be the new jewellery you put in, you could be sensitive to the metal or it could just be shitty quality.
    You could have irritated the hole while putting in the jewellery causing it to become an open wound again, which would not take kindly to the metal you put in.

Go to your piercer for advice.

Advertisement