Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Phone deletes photos (now size states 0 bytes) ?

Options
  • 13-06-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I have query that I am hoping to have resolved.

I had a large volume of photographs stored on the internal memory of a Samsung Galaxy 3 mini.

I had the phone in storage for over a year, but located it last night and located an old battery to power it up. To my surprise, it powered up and although I was mindful of the battery starting to swell, the phone operated and I had planned, once it was charged, to begin extracting the photographs from it onto a hard drive.

The phone switched off by itself and then I got it back on again, but the photographs in the "Camera" folder had disappeared. The phone would not turn on anymore, so I put it down to a dead battery.

I visited a phone store this morning and purchased a new battery and I have opened the gallery folder and to my horror, the images that were taken as photographs are not present, but the rest of the items such as screenshots, Watsapp images, downloaded images etc are present.

Is there any possibility that I can recover these photographs or can one point me in the right direction ?

Recuvra did not appear to recognise the phone when I looked in the My Computer section.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Check to see if they are in a folder called DCIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Anto.

GBX wrote: »
    Check to see if they are in a folder called DCIM.

Hi,

No that is where I would normally expect to see them but they are not there.

From looking back at the images that I do have, they appear to be all images trasferred using the Watsapp application, so it would seem that any photograph saved to the hard drive of the phone and the ones saved in the Watsapp database appears to be unscathed.

Anto. wrote: »
    Hi,

No that is where I would normally expect to see them but they are not there.

From looking back at the images that I do have, they appear to be all images trasferred using the Watsapp application, so it would seem that any photograph saved to the hard drive of the phone and the ones saved in the Watsapp database appears to be unscathed.

How far through the copy process were you? Were you just copying the images across, or were you actually moving them off the phone onto your PC?

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but personally I would have just installed Google photos and let them all back up to the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Basil3 wrote: »
    How far through the copy process were you? Were you just copying the images across, or were you actually moving them off the phone onto your PC?

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing, but personally I would have just installed Google photos and let them all back up to the cloud.

Second this, you cant go wrong with Google Photos. Plus you get bonus of them making albums,videos,effects on pictures etc for you

Advertisement