Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a new course at 24

Options
  • 13-06-2017 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I am currently repeating 2 modules from home of 3rd year in my current college course. I got the result for one of my exams yesterday (which, embarrassingly, I have done for the 5th time now) and failed by 4% yet again. I don't know what to do anymore as I've lost all interest in the course anyway and if just keep repeating to get this degree, I'm considering doing a different course after I graduate anyway.
    I really love interior design however, and there's honestly nothing else I could imagine doing, but it is the opposite of my biology based course I'm taking now.
    I don't know what to do, should I finish 4th year for something I don't want or get my 2 year diploma from the biology course instead, and apply to a course as a mature student in interior design for this September? If that's the case I will be graduating at 26 with no other experience than working in a shop.
    Would it be worth my time so I would actually have a qualification in something I love?
    I know it's a long one but any answers are appreciated!

Advertisement