Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype messages

Options
  • 13-06-2017 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone.
    I've been getting some harassment from a family member through Skype so I eventually blocked them. Now though I don't see the chat history anymore. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yeah, seems like it is.

When you remove someone from your contacts, both of you don’t see the conversation history and online status. You can accept them later at any time.

When you block someone, you get a notification that you blocked them, but they don’t — your status is always offline to them, but they often get a notification when you go online, if they didn’t unfriend you. You can’t send or receive messages from them, but they can still send you messages, pending unblock. You can’t see if they’re online or not. Although not required, you may choose to remove them from your contacts.

No idea if unblocking or re-adding to contacts will restore the chat history, but I would doubt it.

Advertisement