Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodbye House

Options
  • 12-06-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Anyone else watching this tonight?? It's on RTE 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Absolute rubbish should be called "Mammy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Downsize from a 5 bed to a 5 bed? I'm confused! The daughter is taking the p*ss altogether. She wants the space to drop off her kids and have them eat and play there. I think mammy should tell them she no longer has the energy to mind the grandchildren on a daily basis and that the real reason she's downsizing is to ensure they don't all fit in the new house :- )

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

They still think they're primary school kids with the mammy looking after all their needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

If I hear them say Mammy once more I'll puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

The biggest load of bull I have ever seen in my life. Watched it for about 15 mins couldn't bear to watch any longer

Mammy Mammy Mammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Ghekko wrote: »
    Downsize from a 5 bed to a 5 bed? I'm confused! The daughter is taking the p*ss altogether. She wants the space to drop off her kids and have them eat and play there. I think mammy should tell them she no longer has the energy to mind the grandchildren on a daily basis and that the real reason she's downsizing is to ensure they don't all fit in the new house :- )

Can not STAND the daughter. She's coming across as a self centered snobby cow!!! It's all about what works for her. Not the mother. I feel sorry for the poor woman. Id defo be going with the bungalow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Raging!!!

They still think they're primary school kids with the mammy looking after all their needs.

And still getting her to cook and the daughter still with stuff in the house. God awful!!!

Ghekko wrote: »
    Raging!!!

Can't believe she went with that one. I don't think she really wanted to move. She seemed coerced into it. It was all about what made her grown up children happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Goodbye House - another brilliant RTE production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Not a bad format for a programme, but brutal family to use first.
    Self-centred, and mammy mammy mammy me me me.

Are there many programmes planned/recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

The daughter is dreadful, makes everything about herself and using her mother for her own needs. Cannot stand her sneering.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Blues_Rock

Granted while I only watched ten minutes of it, I could tell that it'd be awful....well in terms of the family anyway. Reading the posts so far seems to back up my assessment haha.

Seems like a decent enough format, but as stated, they seemed like a brutal family, or at least the children were anyway and I felt from an early stage that it seemed that the children were making the rules :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Not a bad format for a programme, but brutal family to use first.
    Self-centred, and mammy mammy mammy me me me.

Are there many programmes planned/recorded?

The Mother seemed okay but as for the other 3 OMG

Saw it advertised and was looking forward to it but desperate family to start off with

• Registered Users Posts: 30,223 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know people like the children. They'd lead you to believe there always with their mother and shes always cooking for them and their grand kids when actually their generally just pop in the odd time for a visit.

lulu1 wrote: »
    The Mother seemed okay but as for the other 3 OMG

Saw it advertised and was looking forward to it but desperate family to start off with

Could my agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Just spent the last half hour shouting at the telly. Great concept but infuriating in practice.

The whole program was very staged to me.
    One house was to expensive.
    One was to far out of town.
    One hadn't the right size kitchen/living area.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭shane b

I like the format but could have used a better family to begin with. Considering the housing situation it could be hard to find 3 good alternatives in some parts of the country.
    Anyway i see the home house is still for sale on daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mammy needs to kick the lot of them to touch, IMO.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Mammy needs to kick the lot of them to touch, IMO.

Some mammies want there kids to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Should be renamed Goodbye Licence Fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Daughter is a right pain.

I dont think they picked the right house for the mother. It's too big, sure the only thing that was downsized was the garden. She'll be demented feeding her ADULT CHILDREN & families and babystting the grandkids.

But I mostly hate that the house tanya picked is actually nice and would be perfect for ME! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Why someone downsizing needs a 275K 5 bedroom house is beyond me. A bungalow type house with some money invested into improvements would of been a better option in my view.
    And 275K for any normal enough house in Cavan is silly money, they will never see that again.

Why someone downsizing needs a 275K 5 bedroom house is beyond me. A bungalow type house with some money invested into improvements would of been a better option in my view.
    And 275K for any normal enough house in Cavan is silly money, they will never see that again.

I think she's well off. The house is on the market foe 397,500.

http://www.daft.ie/cavan/houses-for-sale/virginia/dunancory-lodge-deerpark-virginia-cavan-1383571/#img=25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Same auctioneers selling her house as the one she bought. I only found it interesting as I'm from down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

While not everyone would agree with the family, this show was 100 times more entertaining than Big Brother over on 3e. Well done, RTE! At least they were real people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Eyepatch wrote: »
    While not everyone would agree with the family, this show was 100 times more entertaining than Big Brother over on 3e. Well done, RTE! At least they were real people.

I don't think it was just the family, the format was just a bit off. Could have been cut down significantly, or alternatively had more houses in it from the kids rather than just pick 3.

I think another thing missed would be to illustrate the equity being released in the move, would give people a better idea on the potential locked up in their houses. I think because it missed this the message got obscured by the personalities as it looked like they just moved her from one 5 bed to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The episode obviously had some flaws, but entertaining, neverthelesss. I think three houses were enough for the purposes of the show. The star was Mammy, despite how put-upon she is by her family. One of the sons had a droll sense of humour, which added to the entertainment value of the episode. Compared to BB, this was a real window into how some genuine people live.

• Advertisement

I haven't heard wind of another show. Is there any more??

Advertisement