Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling while on JSA/BTEA

Options
  • 12-06-2017 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I have been on Jobseekeers allowance for awhile and 2 years ago I started college under the Back to Education scheme, all has gone well and I am going into my 3rd year. I want to travel over to Canada for awhile (about 10 weeks) through the summer and then return to college when it starts back up.

I have recently finished my 2nd year and have been transferred onto the Jobseekers allowance for the summer. I was told that I could sign off for the summer and then return back to Ireland, sign back on a week before college starts again and continue with my studies under the BTE scheme.

Is this true?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

Yes, you will be fine once you sign back on before college starts. Your claim will link.

Advertisement