Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC connected to TV won't position correctly

Options
  • 12-06-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭

I've got a small HP PC running Windows 10 that I leave connected to my TV via VGA (a Haier).

Every time I boot up the PC the position of the screen is a couple of cm too close to the bottom left (i.e. I can't see the start button, and the top and right of the screen is just a black bar).

I can fix this either by using PC auto position on my TV remote, or choosing fit to screen on the Windows graphic settings.

It isn't a big issue but it annoys me - anything I can do to make this fix permanent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tried turning the TV on after the PC has fully booted? Or just use HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ED E wrote: »
    Tried turning the TV on after the PC has fully booted? Or just use HDMI.
    Thanks for your reply - turning on the TV later doesn't make any difference. HDMI does work (but it involves swapping out the connections)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Id get a five dollar HDMI switcher so.

Advertisement