Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf Alice, Olympia Thatre, Dublin, Ireland, U.k.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

back up now. tickets onsale Friday at 9am

https://twitter.com/wolfalicemusic/status/874353002899025921

YYN5SeG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Brilliant news, missed their last gig in the Olympia as I had a stag. Won't be missing this one.

Really like the sound of the new single too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

did this sell out last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah think it did. It was brilliant!
    Have seen them 3 times now, loved them every time.

Any idea how much the tickets are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

yay Wolf Alice gig
    Boo Tuesday night gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

yay Wolf Alice gig
    Boo Tuesday night gig

Ah balls, didn't cop that

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

Birneybau wrote: »
    Seems they took the poster down. Anyway...
    The original poster had the familiar 'Dublin, UK'. Someone had to hustle and correct the error after a dose of FB abuse.
    The Belfast sold out well in advance, though that was a 14+ show.
    (took two wristbands and an ink stamp to get upstairs to the bar .... only bought a coke in the end!)
    Larger venue this time.
    ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Any idea how much the tickets are?
    The presale standing for the UK mainland dates are £19 (£22 for London).

Pretty sure it did, I remember the guy I sold my ticket to off toutless was delighted to have got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Surprised these didn't sell out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Surprised these didn't sell out today.
    Last visit was very recent (March '16)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Last visit was very recent (March '16)

And EP last year

Was at this lastnight. Probably the most irritated I've ever been at a gig with people just paying no attention and chatting. Got in a bit late so we couldn't move forward, was close to walking out at one stage. This one couple barged their way in front of us, spent the whole of Yuk Fu Snapchatting the song then spent the next 10 mins chatting loudly and paying no attention at all

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

and its only worse things will get

roll wrote: »
    and its only worse things will get

It was like being in a pub with no one paying any heed to the band, cant blame this on a younger crowd either as there was a good mix of ages in the crowd. I think I'll get seats for the next Olympia gig I'm at and see if that's any better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Thought the sound was great. Lights also very cool. Initially had standing but swapped for seated at the last minute for upper circle. was grand for the most part except similar to the above, young couple right in front had no interest bar one or two songs and spent the time talking and scoring. Reminded me of young ones at the cinema really.

All in all a good gig!

Thought the sound was great. Lights also very cool. Initially had standing but swapped for seated at the last minute for upper circle. was grand for the most part except similar to the above, young couple right in front had no interest bar one or two songs and spent the time talking and scoring. Reminded me of young ones at the cinema really.

All in all a good gig!

There was me thinking seating couldn't have been as bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

the sound was good, but did anyone else get the impression they were going through the motions? they seemed pretty flat. I was in the seats myself and it wasn't too bad for phones etc, by today's standards

okay gig imo.

Razor44 wrote: »
    the sound was good, but did anyone else get the impression they were going through the motions? they seemed pretty flat. I was in the seats myself and it wasn't too bad for phones etc, by today's standards

okay gig imo.

I thought that too, that was the last night of the UK and Ireland tour and they were probably on a come down after selling out Alexandra Palace last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fuzzbuzz

I thought they were excellent, was also seated, and maybe cos we couldn't see the crowd below it was hard to gauge the reaction. She was giving it socks on the vocals though, well impressed.
    Couldn't get over the people that spent more time heading back and forth to the bar than what was going on onstage.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

threein99 wrote: »
    I thought that too, that was the last night of the UK and Ireland tour and they were probably on a come down after selling out Alexandra Palace last week.

yeah very true, having said that I would have thought they would have been on a high after it, maybe they're a bit sick of each other after the tour! still, the gig was good, and they came out and played, no bull****. either way, i enjoyed it.

the seats were like Connolly station with the amount of people coming and going for pints, in what was a short set!

• Advertisement
Advertisement