Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone wanna try to help me out? Need someone's tech skills

Options
  • 12-06-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

As above, basically anyone who good at PDF doc's and have time to kill?

Basically I have a PDF document that the creator is saying I cannot print,

It is a CIMA(Accounting) Institute.

Well the thing is, I actually need it printed

Anyone good on computers that 'might' know a way around this or maybe see it as a challenge?

Not my area unfortunately. can anyone help me out?

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Use print screen on keyboard, and paste to a word doc, or use snipping tool. Should be able to get a pretty good replica this way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Just want to make something clear, is this breaking any privacy / publishing laws?

Why has the creator blocked the pdf from being printed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

me_irl wrote: »
    Just want to make something clear, is this breaking any privacy / publishing laws?

Why has the creator blocked the pdf from being printed?

Kaplan write the content which is provided to CIMA
    I paid my subscription but received the material Kaplan online

They do not allow printing unless you buy the hard copy which is expensive and also by not printing it stops people sharing the material and forces them to buy the same material in hard copy

I'm going on holiday but cannot bring my laptop and whilst away I plan on studying (sad I know) but I will have time to kill so I wish to print the PDF so I can read it

No malice in the request ( if your wondering )

It's their own material so cannot see how copyright laws are breached unless I started sharing the printed version which would be illegal and not my intention

It's for personal use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Can you right click on the file and open it with Word? Might be able to print it from in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

eurokev wrote: »
    Use print screen on keyboard, and paste to a word doc, or use snipping tool. Should be able to get a pretty good replica this way

Doesn't seem to work for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

From a copyright perspective the creator has purposely blocked printing so unfortunately we cannot allow the discussion of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement