Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get coverage inside?

Options
  • 12-06-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've just moved house and outside ive full coverage with 4G/LTE with no issue. However inside the house i have absolutely​ none at all (probably due to the amount of insulation in the house)
    Is there a device that I can use to bring the coverage inside?
    Be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as it's quiet frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

With Vodafone, purchase a SureSignal for E49.00.

With other networks, its illegal until the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Hi,
    I've just moved house and outside ive full coverage with 4G/LTE with no issue. However inside the house i have absolutely​ none at all (probably due to the amount of insulation in the house)
    Is there a device that I can use to bring the coverage inside?
    Be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as it's quiet frustrating.

Eir & Meteor support WiFi calling. This allows you to extend your coverage anywhere you have WiFi. (I'm assuming you already have fixed broadband with WiFi inside the house). Voice calls and texts work just as they do with normal mobile coverage. You can also use this feature abroad to avoid roaming charges. You will need a handset that supports WiFi Calling. (eg Samsung Galaxy S6 upwards, or iPhone 5S upwards).

Advertisement