Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi FH130-3 engine issue

Options
  • 12-06-2017 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All, Could do we some advice. I have an FH130-3 and its struggling to stay running and won't rev up. It is like it is being starved of fuel. It is starting with no issue but it won't rev up and the revs are a bit up and down, it can be idling so low it starts shuddering and then the revs will pick up a bit. I reckon it might be the injector pump but I know thats expensive and want to see if anyone here has had similar problems.

The computer is bypassed so the revs are controlled manually by the lever in the cab.

What I have checked:
    - Checked the throttle lever and its doing its job.
    - Checked diesel lines to and from the tank all clear.
    - Checked the lift pump and seems to be loads of pressure there. Didn't take it off as diesel was flying out of it at pressure when running so I am confident its ok.
    - Checked each injector and they are all getting fuel.
    - Pulled intake pipe off turbo and no difference. Pulled air filter and its in good nick.
    - Checked the turbo and its free.
    - Emptied and cleaned the sediment jar on the fuel rail.
    - Changed the diesel filters.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 zfml

There is most likely some inline gauze filter blocked.
    E.g. https://www.johnconaty.com/IS-1096750630-HI-4452164-p/1395.htm
    Could also be where fuel goes into injector pump - some inline fuel filter/gauze.
    Sorry I don't have any specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 vrrv

thanks for the info, I have checked all the banjo bolts but I will take another look just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 vrrv

Managed to find some debris in the banjo bolt at the sediment bowl. Other than that yesterday I took off the hydraulic pump to make sure the engine wasn't being loaded by a dodgy pump. Fortunately removing the pump had to no effect. i am now just going to give on last look through the lines and then I might chance gravity feeding the injector pump to make sure the lift pump isn't the problem. Is there anyway of checking the injector pump?

Advertisement