Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension

Options
  • 12-06-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, quick question about pensions:

A colleague mentioned to me today that a company is legally obliged to contribute to a pension for employees aged 25 and over, or at least allow the employee to contribute to a pension / make them aware of a pension scheme.

Anyone know if this is true?

I did a quick google search and nothing jumped out at me - if anyone has a quick yes/no answer, or can point me towards a link with more info I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks very much
    Rory
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rorymagory wrote: »
    A colleague mentioned to me today that a company is legally obliged to contribute to a pension for employees aged 25 and over, or at least allow the employee to contribute to a pension / make them aware of a pension scheme.

Only the second part of that statement (which I have emboldened) is correct.

If your employer doesn't have an existing occupational pension scheme and/or you cannot become a member, you need to take a look at the document (44 page PDF) on PRSAs on the Pensions Authority website. At the very least, I suggest you read pages 6 to 13 inclusive ............

http://www.pensionsauthority.ie/en/Employers/Pension_guides/Personal_Retirement_Savings_Accounts.pdf

Advertisement