Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game sharing - future configs

Options
  • 12-06-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Sooo with the XB1X on the way I will be probably retiring my current xbox for the kids (lego games/minecraft etc)
    I currently gameshare with my brother in the UK (works fine no problems)
    So I was going to replace my current xbox with the xb1x and make that his home xbox etc, but I am wondering what the heck do I with my current xbox?

Obviously it cant be part of the home or away relationship and only digital games that purchase will be available to kids when I sign in on the old box :(
    Even a 2nd subscription to another adult who is currently under my family wont help will it?

Thoughts?

Toppy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Sooo with the XB1X on the way I will be probably retiring my current xbox for the kids (lego games/minecraft etc)
    I currently gameshare with my brother in the UK (works fine no problems)
    So I was going to replace my current xbox with the xb1x and make that his home xbox etc, but I am wondering what the heck do I with my current xbox?

Obviously it cant be part of the home or away relationship and only digital games that purchase will be available to kids when I sign in on the old box :(
    Even a 2nd subscription to another adult who is currently under my family wont help will it?

Thoughts?

Toppy

I stand to be corrected, but AFAIK, you can just sign in your own account on that console and you're laughing. I've a 360 and a One, and they've both been running simultaneously with no issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sorry Toppy! This is one of those topics that fall foul of the charter, mainly because Microsoft still refuse to clarify whether home sharing is ok to use in this way. It's been years at this stage, and no one has heard anything from Microsoft either way, but it still means that we can't allow discussion of this.

If it was just about game sharing with in a single house, then this would be fine to chat about.

Hope you understand, and you can PM me if you want to talk about it more, but for now, I'm going to close this thread.

CIAB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement