Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Pixma Printer: Orange Light On Continuously and Printer Dead

Options
  • 12-06-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

My Canon printer packed it in the morning and I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if/how they resolved it.

It's a Pixma MG5250, is six years old, is probably used only twice a month and has never given any significant problems.

The orange light is on continuously, and the printer is completely dead and does not respond to anything I've tried (i.e. pressing the on button, the reset button, etc.)

When I disconnect it at the socket that orange light goes out as expected. But as soon as it's reconnected the orange light comes on and it behaves dead.

I've googled it, youtubed it, etc. I haven't found any identical models but the troubleshooting of similar models has not yielded any results.

Prior to this...
    I turned on the printer this morning. There was a B200 - Contact Support error code and message. I googled this and it suggested an issue around the cartridges. I turned it off, opened the cartridge compartment, closed it again and turned the printer on. All good again.
    Used the photocopier for one copy.
    Printed a pdf two page document.
    Tried to print a further Word one page document. Got some sort of a print error. Cancelled this print job, turned the printer off and then encountered the current ongoing orange light issue!
    One other thing, two of the print cartridges are low (but not empty).

I'm sure if I could find a manual reset or hard reset the printer may come to life again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Try taking out the cartridges that are showing low and reinserting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

Yeah, I tried that too last night but no good. Sent the Canon Customer Support an email describing the problem.

Got a reply this morning. They said that it indicated a hardware problem and to contact a Canon service centre.
    As they charge €70 per hour for labour I think I'll just buy a new printer.

Probably not a Canon though.

Advertisement