Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you Go data once-off (Three)

Options
  • 12-06-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭

Posting here as I'm not sure how fast Three respond on their forum...

I am on Pay as you Go (i.e. top-up with credit whenever I need... typically once every 4 months or so).

I don't use data as I just use WiFi everywhere but I'd like to get some data for the next month as I'm going to a house with no wifi network.

Three have a "once-off" of 500MB for €4.99. Is this really just that (a "once-off") or will I be subscribed to a top-up scheme?

Does the data only last for 28 days? That's fine for my situation, but just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just topup by ?20, get unlimited data for 28 days. Much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ED E wrote: »
    Just topup by ?20, get unlimited data for 28 days. Much better value.

Interesting thanks, and that's definitely a once-off and not subscription?

T&Cs says "To avail of these services a €20 top-up is required every 28 days.", but I'm assuming that's just saying you only get the service in the month that you top up?

Also does the credit last indefinitely? I still have credit left over from when I topped up in May 2016!
    (I rarely use my credit, just use Whatsapp over Wifi 99% of the time)

Just an auto bonus when you top up. You decide when to do so.

Are you sure you're on a Three plan and not an o2 one? Credit expires after 6 months.

ED E wrote: »
    Just an auto bonus when you top up. You decide when to do so.

Are you sure you're on a Three plan and not an o2 one? Credit expires after 6 months.

I signed up when it was still Digifone, so probably an o2 plan ;)

Does that exclude me from the €20 plus free data? I'm fine if it does as I like having non-expiring credit.

Yeah, it also messes with your coverage a bit.

The 500MB add ons are what you need in that case, just be aware of how little that is (less than an hours video for E4.99).

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I won't be watching YouTube, mainly just for mails/boards etc

Cheers for clearing that up

Advertisement