Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service/Local Authority Aptitude Test

Options
  • 12-06-2017 10:44am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I applied for the senior executive engineer roles that were on publicjobs.ie recently.

I got an email saying that there would be an aptitude test. Is there any way to practices these before hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The email should have contained a link to where you can do practice tests and there's a sample in the booklet, IIRC. I think there are different tests for the civil service and local authorities, though - the Senior Executive Officer job similation sample test was quite different to the APO test I did last year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The email should have contained a link to where you can do practice tests and there's a sample in the booklet, IIRC. I think there are different tests for the civil service and local authorities, though - the Senior Executive Officer job similation sample test was quite different to the APO test I did last year.

I read the email on my phone and didnt notice anything. Will look on the laptop later.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭wiseoldelf

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hodor

Godtabh, Did you end up taking the aptitude tests? I am in the same boat now, could you give any advice or let me know what they included?

Advertisement