Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you walk out of Dublin airport?

Options
  • 11-06-2017 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭

It's something that caught my mind lately and I realise due to the complex layout of airside and the proximity of the M1/50 I don't actually know.
    Suppose you get land side in Dublin airport with no money and no one coming to collect you.
    Is there a safe footpath out of the airport or do you have to get on a bus/in a car or taxi to get out of there?

Comments

flazio wrote: »
    It's something that caught my mind lately and I realise due to the complex layout of airside and the proximity of the M1/50 I don't actually know.
    Suppose you get land side in Dublin airport with no money and no one coming to collect you.
    Is there a safe footpath out of the airport or do you have to get on a bus/in a car or taxi to get out of there?

Yes very easy to walk out of. Plenty of footpaths to Swords and Dublin via the old airport road

• Registered Users Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Both entrance and exit roads have footpaths - plenty of people walk in and out of the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

The only section I can think the path vanishes is to the sides of the airport. There is a path all along the old airport road bringing you into Santry and Ballymun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Yes. But you will feel a bit tired. Also some footpaths just stop and you may end up walking for a good bit on a grassy verge. Not a good place to get disoriented - you could end up walking in circles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Yes. But you will feel a bit tired. Also some footpaths just stop and you may end up walking for a good bit on a grassy verge. Not a good place to get disoriented - you could end up walking in circles.

Not if you wore a transponder hat and stayed on the phone to ATC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭markpb

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

markpb wrote: »
    Eh?

Agreed. Walking out of Dublin Airport following the dotted blue line in your attachment couldn't be any easier!

Once you get to the R132, there's decent quality footpath all the way to the City Centre and to Swords if you felt like walking that far.

I regularly see people walking from the both the Carlton Hotel and the Premier Inn. Quite a few Ryanair staff can also been seen walking from the airport to Airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Ah come on - it's a direct route in and out along the old access road - it's not even 10 minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

I walked to the Coachman's a few weeks ago. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It's not like Heathrow where you'd be told off by campus security for attempting to leave on foot (beside the fact there's no footpaths)

Advertisement