Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muting viber notifications on Oneplus 3T

Options
  • 11-06-2017 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to silence viber notifications on the Oneplus 3T?

I tried sliding the notifications volume slider to mute but it hasn't worked for Viber....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

exaisle wrote: »
    Anybody know how to silence viber notifications on the Oneplus 3T?

I tried sliding the notifications volume slider to mute but it hasn't worked for Viber....

Try going into settings into the viber app and there should be an option to turn off notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

L360 wrote: »
    Try going into settings into the viber app and there should be an option to turn off notifications

All notifications are turned off in viber....it's still making a notification sound...seems to be turned up full too...and no apparent way of silencing it... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is there an option to "use system sounds" ? Check/uncheck this box and select "none" ?

GBX wrote: »
    Is there an option to "use system sounds" ? Check/uncheck this box and select "none" ?

As per above...tried that...it still makes a loud sound...

Ah ok.

Some later versions of android (6.0 onwards I think) have the option to adjust notifications or mute apps as you wish.

I'm not 100% sure of your phone but try this (I'm going based on my own phone on android 7.1.2)

Pull the notification menu down and expand. Where you see the settings button - click and hold this button and you should be given the option to add/allow system UI tuner. Add this, then go into your settings menu and find the "system ui tuner", go to "other". There should be power notification control - switch this on if its there.
    Then if you go into the the apps list within settings and scroll to Viber, go in and see if there is an option for notifications. If there is, it could be set to A (Automatic). Click the big A and you should/could be presented with a slider which you can then adjust to your liking - the lowest option being no notifications, level 1 or 2 might work for you.

If this works , you can do this on all apps.

• Advertisement

Settings page for volume below...the ring volume won't go to zero...

http://imgur.com/a/TYos2

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

All notifications are turned off in viber....it's still making a notification sound...seems to be turned up full too...and no apparent way of silencing it... :-(

I mean go into your phone settings and into apps then find viber and there should be an option to turn off notifications

L360 wrote: »

I mean go into your phone settings and into apps then find viber and there should be an option to turn off notifications
    That's been tried too....

GBX wrote: »
    Ah ok.

Some later versions of android (6.0 onwards I think) have the option to adjust notifications or mute apps as you wish.

I'm not 100% sure of your phone but try this (I'm going based on my own phone on android 7.1.2)

Pull the notification menu down and expand. Where you see the settings button - click and hold this button and you should be given the option to add/allow system UI tuner. Add this, then go into your settings menu and find the "system ui tuner", go to "other". There should be power notification control - switch this on if its there.
    Then if you go into the the apps list within settings and scroll to Viber, go in and see if there is an option for notifications. If there is, it could be set to A (Automatic). Click the big A and you should/could be presented with a slider which you can then adjust to your liking - the lowest option being no notifications, level 1 or 2 might work for you.

If this works , you can do this on all apps.
    Got as far as UI tuner...but there's no "other"...

Got as far as UI tuner...but there's no "other"...

Thats strange, its noted on One Plus 3t forums as being there for others. Maybe not on your latest update? I take it its up to date ?

• Advertisement

Eh yeah..up to date. As it turns out theres a button on the side that you have to slide...so it's working fine now. Thanks to all for their help.
    The first to mention "RTFM" wins the watch.... 😉

Advertisement