Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused

Options
  • 11-06-2017 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

So, my O/H got brown blood this month and last month, not an actual period.

She is unsure as to what is going on.

She had a MC in March so won't take a test.

She is taking pregnacare to help her along.

Has anyone heard of something similar?

MODS:

If this is in the wrong thread please move.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Was the brown (old) blood around the time of her period? After a miscarriage, the hormones are all over the place and it can take a while for the cycle to return. I would imagine that after the womb has emptied, there may not be much of the usual blood to expel. I miscarried last year and had spotting a month or so later but it took around two months for my period to return properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Was the brown (old) blood around the time of her period? After a miscarriage, the hormones are all over the place and it can take a while for the cycle to return. I would imagine that after the womb has emptied, there may not be much of the usual blood to expel. I miscarried last year and had spotting a month or so later but it took around two months for my period to return properly.

The miscarriage was in March, the cycle returned to normal and she wanted to go for another straight away which has been happening.

My O/H is not sure though is it implantation or not, no pains, cramps nothing that would be connected to a period this month or last.

24 days between the brown blood in May and this month.

Cycles are always on time.

This happened once before in 2011, when it stopped that time she took a test and discovered she was 36 weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Em ok, it could be a number of things but she really should take a test.
    I had brown blood around the 6/7 week mark in both my pregnancies, but that was just my experience.It had no link to my cycle times or anything.
    Is she just having brown blood around her cycle time, or is her cycle a few days of brown blood?
    Given this seems to have happened before, she really should do a test for starters, and then consider seeing a GP if she's concerned.I don't think there's any definite answer otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

KC161 wrote: »
    This happened once before in 2011, when it stopped that time she took a test and discovered she was 36 weeks.

If this has happened before and she was pregnant then she should test this time.

shesty wrote: »
    Em ok, it could be a number of things but she really should take a test.
    I had brown blood around the 6/7 week mark in both my pregnancies, but that was just my experience.It had no link to my cycle times or anything.
    Is she just having brown blood around her cycle time, or is her cycle a few days of brown blood?
    Given this seems to have happened before, she really should do a test for starters, and then consider seeing a GP if she's concerned.I don't think there's any definite answer otherwise.

This isn't around the time of her cycle, that is meant to be this coming week, the brown blood is now almost gone, in her own words

'it wouldn't fill a pad in 24 hours'

On a normal cycle the pad is full in 2 hours.

It only happened once before out of her 3 pregnancies.

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    If this has happened before and she was pregnant then she should test this time.

I agree, think I'll just buy her the test tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Maybe take a pregnancy test!!!??
    Maybe it's just a light period?
    Jeez wouldn't you see a Dr instead if asking people on the internet?

Wesser wrote: »
    Maybe take a pregnancy test!!!??
    Maybe it's just a light period?
    Jeez wouldn't you see a Dr instead if asking people on the internet?

I'm a man, bit difficult for me to do any of the above, if you read my OP you will see my O/H had this issue a number of years ago.

Due to a miscarriage in March she won't take the test.

If you cannot have a constructive conversation please do not reply.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The only thing that will give you an answer is to have your OH take a test. We could all come up with a million anecdotal stories but ultimately your partner is an individual with her own experience. If she wants to know if she is pregnant, she should take a pregnancy test.

The only thing that will give you an answer is to have your OH take a test. We could all come up with a million anecdotal stories but ultimately your partner is an individual with her own experience. If she wants to know if she is pregnant, she should take a pregnancy test.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Was just trying to figure out was this a common issue women have.

It seems it's not common or uncommon.

But I am baffled as to what to think.

I hope and pray it is positive news after the recent events.

I'll come back to the thread once I have something solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

I have provided constructive input!!!!
    I have advised taking a pregnancy test which is helpful because bleeding at this stage can represent something serious. That is helpful advice!
    Also seeing a Dr is helpful....no?

I know that you are male......by you...i mean ....one.....

Also I gave read you op and there is no mention of anything happening years ago. Op means original post as in your first post.

I don't know why I get accused of being unhelpful when I've given the exact same advice as everyone else.....

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Wesser wrote: »
    I have provided constructive input!!!!
    I have advised taking a pregnancy test which is helpful because bleeding at this stage can represent something serious. That is helpful advice!
    Also seeing a Dr is helpful....no?

I know that you are male......by you...i mean ....one.....

Also I gave read you op and there is no mention of anything happening years ago. Op means original post as in your first post.

I don't know why I get accused of being unhelpful when I've given the exact same advice as everyone else.....

You're being very insensitive. There is no need to comment the way that you did. And to come back on and try and defend your nasty flippant post just makes you look worse. I don't know about you but I and lots of women I know have gone through tough times trying to get pregnant and I think it's great that this woman's partner cares enough to come on here asking for help with what is obviously a sensitive issue - that should be dealt with sensitively, There's a nice way of saying what you said (just read the other answers) try it next time.

Advertisement