Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB share price query?

Options
  • 11-06-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I just have a quick question, if someone could help me out with. Myself and a couple of family members bought shares in Aib about 7/8 years back at about 75 cent and sold on again shortly afterwards. My brother still has shares in which he bought a 1.90€ a share, are these still worth money?
    And how come if you look up on the stock exchange now one share is valued at 6€ when BOI are still around 20cent.
    And with talks of Aib shares been made public at around €3.95 how does that line up to the price they previously were?
    Thanks for your answers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hi
    I just have a quick question, if someone could help me out with. Myself and a couple of family members bought shares in Aib about 7/8 years back at about 75 cent and sold on again shortly afterwards. My brother still has shares in which he bought a 1.90? a share, are these still worth money?
    If you bought ?1000 worth of shares at ?1.90, you would have had 526 shares at the time. There was a 250 shares to 1 conversion a few years back, so your brother should now have 2 new shares which are now worth about ?12.60.
    And how come if you look up on the stock exchange now one share is valued at 6? when BOI are still around 20cent.
    See above.
    And with talks of Aib shares been made public at around ?3.95 how does that line up to the price they previously were?
    Thanks for your answers in advance
    Michael Noonan and the bank itself have advised that the market value of the shares is too high. Once the IPO takes place, you would expect the share price to come down to the IPO price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Once the IPO takes place, you would expect the share price to come down to the IPO price.

Yes but what will the IPO price be?? Thats the major question now.
    If the MCAP of the Bank is valued at over 10 Billion then its too high, you be better off sticking to Bank of Ireland which is a better investment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

The price range for the AIB IPO has been announced at €3.90 - €4.90. Orders may only be placed from 13th June to 20th June 2017. The minimum order size is €10,000.

see https://aib.ie/investorrelations/private-investor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

At between €3.90 and €4.90 This values the bank at between €10.6 billion and €13.3 billion,
    thats too much,
    looks like another Eircom at that price. `l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

The Cuban wrote: »
    At between €3.90 and €4.90 This values the bank at between €10.6 billion and €13.3 billion,
    thats too much,
    looks like another Eircom at that price. `l

at €10k minimum investment it should NOT be at all be like Eircom. At this level people making the investment are either savvy enough to know what they are doing and what the risks are or they just stupid but it will be not be a huge herd of sheep buying just because everyone else is buying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement