Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idmobile data sim. How to receive account verification text?

Options
  • 09-06-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

I've bought an Id mobile data sim and have it successfully working. However I note need to set up and account for it so I can add more credit.

When trying to set up an account I am asked for my mobile number and I enter the number associated with my data sim.

I cannot get the text it sends in order to get the pin.

I've tried putting the sim into my phone, it's recognised and the data works but I get no texts.

I have it in a zte mobile dongle and the id guy said to attach it to my pc which I've tried but cannot see anything​. I've accessed the local host control panel but it shows no texts.

I just need to get past this one stage to activate my account but can't manage it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I would run away.Worst experience I have had in 25 years using mobile networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭chabsey

magentis wrote: »
    I would run away.Worst experience I have had in 25 years using mobile networks.

That doesn't sound good! Functionally it seems ok, the data works. But I just cannot create an account to top up online. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Please call iD mobile customer care on 0897001747

Thanks

CVB

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think you may have to top up first. Saying that, I am currently having an issue with not receiving authentication texts from KBC.

Their support is quite poor.

Advertisement