Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus A320 seat belts- different for exit seats?

Options
  • 09-06-2017 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭

I flew over from Dublin to Heathrow Aer Lingus last week, I had an exit seat by the window and noticed the seat belt barely fit, as in if it had been another inch it would be straining, and yet yesterday I returned from Heathrow to Dublin on an 320 aircraft, seat near the back window and the seat belt fitted loose and perfectly. Its not a big deal I'm just curious, do they normally reduce seat pitch for exit seats on these short flights?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Exit rows generally have different fittings when it comes to tray tables, armrests, seat belts and seat cushions. This is due to the strict regulations around the specifications and safety standard of exit rows. This may well mean a slightly shorter seat belt length.
    Also it should be noted that newly fitted airplane seats tend to have longer seat belts. Perhaps the aircraft you returned on was a newer model, or had a cabin refurbishment recently and thus had the new silkier and longer belts fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Locker10a wrote: »
    Exit rows generally have different fittings when it comes to tray tables, armrests, seat belts and seat cushions. This is due to the strict regulations around the specifications and safety standard of exit rows. This may well mean a slightly shorter seat belt length.
    Also it should be noted that newly fitted airplane seats tend to have longer seat belts. Perhaps the aircraft you returned on was a newer model, or had a cabin refurbishment recently and thus had the new silkier and longer belts fitted.

Ah ya gobshite, there was me thinking i'd lost a shed load of weight :pac::pac:

Advertisement