Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited text messages with quote offers

• 09-06-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've gotten two unsolicited text messages this week offering me a quote ID. Both messages were addressed to what look like random, garbled first names.

Both are of the form..

"<name>, Your Flash Sale quote GEI/QMP/<id number> is valid until <date> at www.libertyinsurance.ie/quote. To opt out of SMS text STOP LIBERTY to 50100"

I'm going to message the opt-out line now but I'd like to know why I'm getting these. Is this part of a marketing campaign? In which case, how and from where did you get my number?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Hi,

I've gotten two unsolicited text messages this week offering me a quote ID. Both messages were addressed to what look like random, garbled first names.

Both are of the form..

"<name>, Your Flash Sale quote GEI/QMP/<id number> is valid until <date> at www.libertyinsurance.ie/quote. To opt out of SMS text STOP LIBERTY to 50100"

I'm going to message the opt-out line now but I'd like to know why I'm getting these. Is this part of a marketing campaign? In which case, how and from where did you get my number?
    Hi Spoonbadger, it possible someone used your number when getting a previous quote. If you PM me your details: name, address, DOB and phone number i can check and see if i can remove your details. Is there a policy / quote reference? Regards Kieran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Sure! PMing now. Thanks!

Advertisement