Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor heating - insulation

Options
  • 09-06-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Im planning to dig out the floor and prepare for underfloor heating.
    Could you please let me know what kind of insulation did you use and how much cost ya.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

I believe we used 10cm insulation and it cost 1850.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

harlley wrote: »
    Im planning to dig out the floor and prepare for underfloor heating.
    Could you please let me know what kind of insulation did you use and how much cost ya.

What it costs is going to be very different to what it costs you,

I'm using 150 on ground floor and 40 on 1st floor.
    But my total area is highly likely to be different to yours so the amount I pay will be different to you..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Nutser wrote: »
    I believe we used 10cm insulation and it cost 1850.

This will not comply with current building regulation where ufh is being installed

• Registered Users Posts: 20 harlley

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    What it costs is going to be very different to what it costs you,

I'm using 150 on ground floor and 40 on 1st floor.
    But my total area is highly likely to be different to yours so the amount I pay will be different to you..

It is a fair point. My area is 140m2 but if you let me know what kind of insulation did you use and how much cost ya per slab 8x4 or any other size i will work out the cost for my home then.
    BryanF wrote: »
    This will not comply with current building regulation where ufh is being installed
    What is the current regulation. Any link that could explain what I should do to comply with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Insulation has also taken a big jump in price I believe over the last few weeks.

Something to do with a fire in a factory that produces some of the raw materials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Given the PIR shortages we are now going with 175mm (100+75) 0.031w/m2k EPS 100 gives a u-value of 0.13 typically.

kieran. wrote: »
    Given the PIR shortages we are now going with 175mm (100+75) 0.031w/m2k EPS 100 gives a u-value of 0.13 typically.
    How much do you paying for it. I did check price of Kingspan today it is 35e+vat per 8x4 sheet of 100mm Therma TF70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

How much do you paying for it. I did check price of Kingspan today it is 35e+vat per 8x4 sheet of 100mm Therma TF70.

€80m3 approx

kieran. wrote: »
    €80m3 approx
    That is 12e per sqm if Im right can you pm me your supplier details.

Did you put Radon barrier? Does everybody have to?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

It is a fair point. My area is 140m2 but if you let me know what kind of insulation did you use and how much cost ya per slab 8x4 or any other size i will work out the cost for my home then.

What is the current regulation. Any link that could explain what I should do to comply with it?

http://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/building-standards/tgd-part-l-conservation-fuel-and-energy/technical-guidance-document-l-6

Your arch or BER consultant should advise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement