Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Franchise ? Reboot, Remaster, Remove

Options
  • 09-06-2017 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

If you had to choose 1 or 2 for each what would you choose ?

Remaster is obviously keep the game pretty much the same, but update it to current-gen graphics etc and have it run smoothly and more beautiful than ever.;)

Reboot ...keep the name and theme of the game, but maybe go down a different route than the original title or at least have a major change.:)

Remove....the series should just die already :P

For me personally

Remaster : Onimusha series !!! God I loved them....I'd love to go through em again. :rolleyes:

Reboot : Tenchu series, add in new gameplay mechanics, maybe take out some of the cheesiness and voice acting...but keep the old cool stealth ninja style. Great games :cool:

Remove
    : Assassins Creed series.....just die already please. I know the next one is set in Egypt...I won't be buying obviously...but please...stop making them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My answer to all three could have been COD

I'd really love MW2 done again but with all the maps/DLC/no supply drops and they could kill the series off for me after MW3.

Other than that Dead Space 1-3 but I'm playing this again on previous gen and it's still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Remaster: Hitman series - the early ones were good but look like pants now
    Remaster individual game: Call of Duty: Allied Assalult - it would be great to play that opening scene in a more modern engine

Reboot: Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic or the Jedi Knight games

Remove: Final Fantasy series - go away random battle games I hate you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Remaster : Half Life - all of them

Reboot : Half Life

Remove : Yearly iterations of games that have no new worthwhile features, FIFA, COD, PES, NBA, NFL...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Remaster: Rock N' Roll Racing (SNES/Megadrive)
    Reboot: RAGE (Major Change = Game has a more fleshed out story and ending)
    Remove: The Sims (it's just a cash cow now)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Remaster: Team Buddies, one of my favourite games on the PS1. Update the graphics a bit, slap on an online mode and its ready to go.
    Reboot: Wild Arms, we need more western settings in games in general.
    Remove: Ubisoft open-world games, just...just stop! They are so tiresome and boring to me now, and even more so now after BoTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

REBOOT: Burnout, but more like the older games when they weren't just racers and causing a massive pile-up was part of the game.

Soul Reaver, following the premise for the first game including all the stuff that had to be cut.

REMASTER:
    I can't really think of one that wouldn't benefit more from a reboot.

REMOVE:
    CoD. I like a lot of the games but they don't need to all be the same franchise with a connected world.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Reboot : Tenchu series, add in new gameplay mechanics, maybe take out some of the cheesiness and voice acting...but keep the old cool stealth ninja style. Great games :cool:
    Tenchu is great, up to Wrath of Heaven anyway. Just don't touch the enemies shouting niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinja when they spot you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Skerries wrote: »
    Remaster individual game: Call of Duty: Allied Assalult - it would be great to play that opening scene in a more modern engine

MOH : AA or COD 1/2 ? ....I think you've combined the 2 great WW2 games into 1 in your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ah yeah :D

they all kind of blur together after a while :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh no... I want to change one of mine for Jagged Alliance 2 (the last REAL Jagged Alliance game)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

REBOOT - Agree with Skerries, We need new KOTOR games, but done in a way that allows you to pick Jedi / Sith / Bounty Hunter / Trooper, a-la SWTOR, but not MMO.

REMASTER - Going old with this one: Cannon Fodder. One of my favourite games as a kid. Could never get enough of it.

REMOVE - The ENTIRE JRPG Genre. :pac::pac: The last Sim City. I love the series, have played them all, including the latest one, but it would have been better to just....not. It was poor. It was incomplete. It was EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Reboot and/or Remaster VAGRANT STORY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Reboot and/or Remaster VAGRANT STORY!!!

That so odd. I was thinking of this one this morning. Can't even remember what I liked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Remaster: Legacy of Kain Series - I'd love if each of them were given a graphics and some mechanics overhaul, but keep the same story and voice acting.

Reboot: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - If you've played the originals, you know the ending. A reboot from here would be perfect.

Remove: Metal Gear Solid - The more recent ones just can't hold a candle to 3 (and even 2, with all it's issues). They went a bit OTT with it, so i wouldn't be against a reboot set in around the time of 3, or earlier. The less fancy tech, the better this series is imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Reboot: SSX franchise but with Tricky-style characters, races where you can smack each other about and interesting, unique levels, rather than the SSX game from a few years ago with realistic mountain slopes, generic "dressed appropriately for winter conditions" characters and racing against people's time-trial ghosts.

Remaster: Destruction Derby games. Burnout is a good shout too for this one though. Think of what the destruction with modern-day graphic and physics engines could look like in a game where destruction is the objective.

Remove: Annual sports games (Fifa/Madden/NHL/NBA). Just release the new uniforms, squads etc as a DLC update every year, and maybe actually release a new game every 3-4 years when they can actually come up with new features that are worthy of charging for a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Remaster: Muramasa: The Demon Blade, in a similar vein to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir please.

Reboot: Battlezone or Hostile Waters, increasing the number of and, in the case of the latter, the complexity of units allowed to be built.

Remove: The Onimusha series. How you like them apples, SeantheMan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

gizmo wrote: »

FREEZE! This is not "Kill Your Babies" now drop the weapon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Reboot
    Streets of Rage. Great series that I need more of in my life
    Remaster
    Breath of fire 3. Fantastic RPG that I'd love to see brought to life on current consoles
    Remove
    The sheer amount of topdown twin stick shooters that are clogging up psn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Reboot:
    Diablo. Between convoluting what was originally lightly applied and simple lore into the histrionic rubbish Blizzard is now famed for, and the obsession with loot and grinding over roleplaying, the game has become an exercise in drudgery and silliness and needs to get it's **** sorted out.

Remaster:
    All Warcraft Strategy - not just a straight hd remaster but remake the whole series in a modern engine with more Warcraft 3 mechanics.

Remove:
    All the aimless, underdeveloped, mechanically and technically lazy Bethesda RPGs. Elder Scrolls and Fallout may have been good at some stage but the recent iterations have been ****e and I see no chance at all that they'll redeem themselves.

Remove: The Onimusha series. How you like them apples, SeantheMan?[/QUOTE]

You joking ?

Onimusha is amazing.....and the last game was over 10 years ago anyways :(

Surely I'm not the only one here with love for Samonosuke ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Reboot: Command & Conquer

Remaster: General Chaos

Remove: FIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Reboot: Command & Conquer

It'd be hard to reboot this I think.

Not from a gameplay perspective, but getting the silly FMV sequences at the right pitch would be tricky for the campaign.

Great idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Remaster: the original Thief trilogy. The reboot from a couple of years ago was okay, but nowhere near the quality of the originals.

Reboot: The Road Rash franchise.

Remove: The Dead Rising series. Just put one in its head already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

SeantheMan wrote: »

You joking ?

Onimusha is amazing.....and the last game was over 10 years ago anyways :(

Surely I'm not the only one here with love for Samonosuke ?[/quote]

Jeez i'd forgotten about that series. Last one i bought was 3 with jean reno. The intro to that game was amazing, jaw dropping and still holds up well for a game that is 13 years old. Everytime it was booted i had to watch it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIhvprU7FI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Remaster: Shenmue. Improve the control system and ship it!

Reboot: Left 4 Dead. The most fun I've had in a co-op shooter ever.

Remove: Fallout series. They are buggy messes, leave it to somebody who can do it right, or don't do it at all imo.

Advertisement