Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier of Fortune 2 mp

Options
  • 08-06-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Just wondering does anybody know what the story is with Soldier of Fortune 2 multiplayer since gamespy is gone no servers show up in the game. What do I need to download to be able to play again ?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You say "well that was a good run, bit the game is fifteen years old and its time to move on" and you find something less geriatric to play. :p Is there a server.exe you can download and run somewhere to have your own? That's probably the only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Put hundreds of hours into that multiplayer back in the day, it was unbelievable.

There was one map in particular, Kam2, was the go to for competitive matches - I way perferred it over Counter Strike at the time.

As for servers now? There are games that used Gamespy that still work with 3rd party stuff, like Battlefront 2, so SOF2 may be the same - or it might just to too obsolete now that no-one's bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭STEE

Put hundreds of hours into that multiplayer back in the day, it was unbelievable.

There was one map in particular, Kam2, was the go to for competitive matches - I way perferred it over Counter Strike at the time.

As for servers now? There are games that used Gamespy that still work with 3rd party stuff, like Battlefront 2, so SOF2 may be the same - or it might just to too obsolete now that no-one's bothered.

I found this website http://www.sof2.org/ There seems to be a community still playing the game Also there's even a SoF2reboot in the making

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you look at the comments the last 2 are from the OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was so pissed off when they ruined the name as well with SOF3, low budget gaming equivalent of a made for TV movie. Decent graphics but boring gameplay, multiplayer, design and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Loved it back in the day too, 2003 I think?
    mp_shop was my favourite! must have clocked up hundreds of hours on that map alone.

Advertisement